Thursday, April 30, 2026

Update on My Personal Life (and a Word About Vaughn Ohlman)

 I just wanted to give this update in case people may wonder why I have deleted certain posts from my blog.  Yes, they concern stumblings and sins in my own personal life.  I don't hide the fact that I have struggled with certain issues, especially concerning the non-platonic, in the heart (like Matthew 5:28 and the like, as well as not fleeing such fornication, see I Corinthians 6:18).  This post proves I'm not hiding it.  Yet, those issues have been confessed and repented of privately, and I'd like to leave it behind (Philippians 3:13).  

I accept any and all biblical correction (Proverbs 6:23) in this and all matters.

In addition, and I don't know if this is biblical or not, but I'd rather not post on here about every sinful thought or action I have.  Now, I don't condone living in sin obviously (see Romans 6:15-23), nor do I encourage it.  I'm mainly saying, surely I can take it up with God (Psalm 32:5, Luke 18:13, among others), and with other people (similar to James 5:16) in case of any known sin.  Yeah, I may have stumbled as of this update (5/16/26), I don't know.

“Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.” (Psalms 19:12, KJV)

I was also working on an examination of Vaughn Ohlman (I Thessalonians 5:21), who advocates for a quicker and more biblical path to marriage (he says that I Corinthians 7:12-14 negates the command to not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers (2 Corinthians 6:14-18), because the latter doesn't apply to marriage, which appears quite heretical).  Needless to say, he touches on sensitive topics, and I stumbled (I don't blame Mr. Ohlman though, he just emphasized a subject that, growing up, had I actually gotten married, meant more PERMISSION and CONSENT from God rather than mere pleasure, which is why I struggle with the subject itself; I've become more adapt at censoring and obfuscating verbal innuendo for this reason).  Do I still burn with passion, as I Corinthians 7:9 says?

Anyway, the book, titled "What Are You Doing?" also cites John Calvin, a false teacher.

Also, when marriage was at the forefront on my mind in the mid-2010s, I actually talked to Mr. Ohlman on the phone, who told me that dating and courtship were unbiblical, comparing the notion to using certain toaster pastries* and flavored drinks* for the Lord's Supper.

Now that I think of it, the idea that dating and courtship are unbiblical is also adding to the Word of God (Proverbs 30:6), since the "prohibition" doesn't exist in Scripture.


*I cited trademarked foods and drinks previously.  My apologies.  The food has a little cartoon man in the middle of the logo, and the drink has a giant pitcher mascot.

I think that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Masculinity Is Not Toxic. Men Need To Reign It In.

“And he inquired about their welfare and said, “Is your father well, the old man of whom you spoke? Is he still alive?” They said, “Your ser...