Something has just bothered me, and I want to talk about it.
There are some Conservatives in the USA that are calling for the banning of Islam, the abolition of all mosques, and the deportation of all Muslims out of the country. Why? Because to them, Islam teaches that Muslims are to put to death non-Muslims.
Now, here's the thing. I've only heard about some Islamic doctrine secondhand. It is a more honest take if one looks at the source material for one's self.
However...
I struggle with this, because of the following:
Jer 10:2 Thus says the LORD: “Learn not the way of the nations, nor be dismayed at the signs of the heavens because the nations are dismayed at them,
Deu 12:30 take care that you be not ensnared to follow them, after they have been destroyed before you, and that you do not inquire about their gods, saying, ‘How did these nations serve their gods?—that I also may do the same.’
1Co 14:20 Brothers, do not be children in your thinking. Be infants in evil, but in your thinking be mature.
So, at this time, I cannot currently study the Koran for myself. If any Christian believer or someone who believes in plain, literal exegesis of Scripture can convince me otherwise, please do. I want to know what the Muslims believe, a la I Thessalonians 5:21. Show me in Scripture that I am not only allowed to study the Koran in the name of examination and potential exposure of evil, but that I am commanded to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment