Monday, July 27, 2026

OK, I'm Done With Suno.

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

(Mat 7:12)

 

I admit to have used Suno in the past, and to use Suno to generate one more song (whose lyrics were fair use by the way, since it talked about Suno and the lawsuit by Miss Krystle), but even that is regarded as unethical by some musicians.  The following video spoke about stuff like this, and is very direct.



I made a confession in the comments (a la James 5:16, I think), and received appreciation for it (and also edited it for full disclosure)

Anyway, just wanted to share that, since it does tie in to Biblical principles of the Golden Rule, which in this application, means to have absolute respect for intellectual property, which of course, as a young adult, I did not have, concerning video games, music, etc.  All such instances of IP theft have since been deleted and/or destroyed, and I intend to consume content only ethically and legally.

So, what else does this mean to me?  Perhaps it's best that I stick to writing.  I've had more practice with writing (as evidenced by this blog) than any other creative craft.  I even wrote and published a short memoir (in which, yes, I used generative AI to translate into King James English), which I later unpublished due to Biblical concerns (see 2 Corinthians 2:17), and the main claim of the story of being debt-free I later disputed.

Still, what you see here is done with human hands, and not paraphrased or translated by generative AI.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OK, I'm Done With Suno.

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. (Mat 7:12)   I admit to have used ...